How to Add TikTok's "Use My Sound" to Music Smart Links
How to include the new "Use Sound" button on any music SmartLink
Include the new "Use Sound" button on any music SmartLink and fans will be taken directly to your song in TikTok to use in their videos! Adding your TikTok sound to your SmartLink is super simple. Here’s how to do it:
- 2.In the Select Services step, search TikTok under Add A Service and add it to your FanLink.
- 3.Insert the TikTok URL for your music on TikTok by finding your music in TikTok’s ‘Sound’ and copying the link.
1. Get distributed. Multiple distribution services deliver songs directly to TikTok (as well as Spotify, Instagram, Apple Music, Amazon Music, and hundreds of other platforms). Contact your distributor prior to submitting your song for release to ensure your song is added to TikTok’s built-in music library.
2. Open TikTok and click the + icon. This is where you can record video in the TikTok app.
3. Tap the Add Sound option. This will take you to the Sound page. You’ll see all available sounds and songs that TikTok offers, including yours if you’ve coordinated with your distributor to deliver your release to TikTok.
4. Click Trim. Once you’ve selected the song, swipe to the best 15-second snippet. To do that, hit the Trim icon (look for scissors cutting a musical note).
5. Swipe through the audio. Once you’ve got the timing right, it’s time to record!
6. Hit Record. Select the Record button to start filming video. Once you’ve finished filming, add effects and filters. You can also slow down or speed up the video.
7. Copy the link and insert into your FanLink. Now others can 'Use Your Sound' on their own TikToks.